I've always wanted to live somewhere with clean air. SacTown does not qualify. Nor does SoCal. Those summer days when it's been 106 for a week straight; the sky is a soupy brown cloud of particulate matter, ozone, and oxides of nitrogen; and you're afraid to go outside because even though you don't have asthma you just might get it by breathing today... yeah - those days. That's when I'd usually impulse purchase a plane ticket to go somewhere else.
Of course, clean air typically requires slightly more variant weather, no? Or a complete lack of human population. The latter being not entirely practical, things like wind and rain to escort the bad stuff elsewhere will have to do. I have to say, though, so far I love it! In my scant nine weeks in this new environment I've experienced snow, ice, hail, wind, soft rain, hard rain, 90 degrees plus humidity, spring breezes, just right days, and full blown thunderstorms. The air is clean, the plant life is happy, and I feel like I can breathe! What better way to wake up in the morning than to a cool, crisp cross breeze, the sound of rainfall, and a cup of yummy hot cocoa... sorry CA, CT just scored a few more points ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment